A book extra for Once Upon A Christmas
This delicious recipe figures into the story...
In Once Upon A Christmas, Cara joins Alec’s aunts Emma and Dorothy, in the kitchen to make traditional Scottish Shortbread and Ginger Biscuits. I’m sharing my fav Shortbread recipe with you.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (if using salted butter, remove additional salt)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter and vanilla extract until creamed. Scrape the bowl down and add flour while beating on low. Scrape the bowl once more and mix until combined.
- Shape the dough into a small flat loaf (rectangle), wrap it in plastic, and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a sharp knife to cut 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices, spaced at least an inch apart onto a greased baking sheet. Use a fork to indent a pattern into the cookies.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.