A book extra for The Sheikh’s Virgin
This delicious recipe figures into the story...
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely, untoasted
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 square bittersweet chocolate for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Beat the egg whites with 1/2 cup of Sugar in a large bowl. Electric mixers are usually best for this. The mixture should become quite stiff.
- Next, beat the eggs yolk, with the same beaters, in a small bowl with the rest of the Sugar.
- Add the yolks to the whites but don’t mix them – don’t stir yet!
- Add the walnuts after a few minutes and gently fold the ingredients together. Repeat this with the coconut, adding a little bit at a time.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin, and put it in the oven for 45 minutes. When it is golden brown, remove it from the oven and leave it out to allow it to cool.
- Mix the orange juice and orange liqueur and pour it over the cake while it is still in the pan, don’t wait until it has cooled to do this.
- Put the cake in a cool place until serving, and then put some bittersweet chocolate on top!
This recipe serves 6 to 8.