It’s Monday night, the end of the three day weekend and I’m happy. I don’t even know why I’m happy, but I am. And because my good mood is inexplicable–there’s laundry to do, book reports unfinished, house to clean–I thought I’d share a few of my favorite things:
1) Angelfood cake. I love, love, love angelfood cake. It is the best cake in the world, particularly when frosted with an old-fashioned chocoate-marshmallow icing. And oh, yes, we had an angelfood cake in the house over the weekend. It did not last the weekend and I did have the lion’s share.
2) Amazonfresh.com. The world might have Amazon, but not everyone yet has Amazonfresh, and for those who don’t have it yet…I’m sorry. I am, as it is beyond fabulous. I may never have to enter a grocery store again. They’ll deliver for free right now if the order is above $25 and deliver without tax and manage to have fresh milk and bread on your doorstep before 6 am if you have the order in by midnight. Instead of dashing out late at night so kids can have breakfast I can lie on my couch, watch American Gladiator (so so sad, my viewing habits…) and just type in my breakfast order. When did being a woman get so good?
3) Beets. I really like beets lately. What made me love beets so much? They sometimes do taste like dirt as my youngest son says, but maybe I have a mineral deficiency? Maybe I need dirt and root vegetables? Maybe I just like the color?
4) Special K with Strawberries for dinner. I have breakfast cereals (Kashi) but there are nights when I’m alone and I couldn’t be bothered with hot food and really, all that is needed is a nice bowl of dinner cereal, and that’s when Speciak K Strawberry cereal comes in. A dinner cereal should always be a bit lighter and sweeter than morning cereal and well, Special K Strawberry version does it for me. I highly recommend it, for midnight snacking as well as late afternoon supping.
5) Mineral Make up. I use Jane Iredale loose mineral powder make up. It so rocks. Makes me look young and fresh and shiny. A very good thing when I’m not looking so young or fresh or shiny.
6) Megan Crane because she’s not just my friend, but she loooooved Mrs. Perfect, getting the first sneak peek at the book outside my publishers. I asked Megan to give the last copy edits a go through to check for typos, etc, as well as her thoughts and when she said it was awesome and my best book yet, I felt this warm glow inside that hasn’t gone away and it’s been…sheesh….days. Thank you, Megan.
7) Valentine’s Day. It’s coming up!!!! For my long-time readers who know I’m crazy about February, valentines, hearts and all things pink and red: February is almost here. This means good times, contest, giveaways and more for a whole month!
So if you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands! (Clap). If you’re happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it. (pause)
I wish I could show you my face right now but as I can’t, and I’ve taken off my wonderful Jane Iredale make up, you’ll just have to take my word for it. I’m happy. And it’s not even February yet.
PS Oh!! It’s been ten minutes since I wrote the blog above and I just realized why I might be happy. My sister came up from LA this weekend to see me! Kathy and her daughter Krystyna joined us for the weekend and we had a great time doing nothing. Yay for family!! Yay for doing nothing!! Yay that tomorrow isn’t Monday!
8 Comments / Add Your Comment →
Jane, your blog today is fabulous and the happiness is addictive. 🙂 (clap) I’m so glad you’re smiling and happy.
ps – Megan Crane, you’ve got great taste RE: Mrs. Perfect. I have to agree – it really is Jane’s best book yet.
Glad you’re happy, Jane! Angel Food cake is the best!
Angel food is the best for sure! My mom used to make me an angel food cake with pink fluffy frosting for my birthday every year because it’s my favorite.
I really like Megan Crane, too, but I have to say that I’m VERY jealous. I had Mrs. Perfect IN MY HOUSE OVERNIGHT and I didn’t get to read it. My husband tried to sneak it out of your room when we were at dinner but the laser alarm system you installed went off… ugh!!
You are a dear and I’m clapping with you! So glad to see you so happy!!
I’m also guilty of the Special K w/ Strawberries for dinner habit. Truth be told, it reminds me of a healthier version of one of my childhood favorites — Captain Crunch w/ Crunchberries. 😉 Oh, and I typically love February, too, as that’s my b-day month, but this year I’m not so jazzed about the milestone b-day about to smack me across the face. Boooo! Maybe I’ll just have to enter your contests to try to make up for it. 🙂
Life sounds good all round! I’ll have to check out Amazonfresh–that sounds amazing. And I love Special K with strawberries. It’s my ‘treat cereal’ 🙂
Hey! I had Special K with Strawberries for breakfast this morning…I’m going to have to try it for dinner!
Aw, Jane, you’re one of my favorite things, too!
And Mrs. Perfect is easy to love. It’s just that good, and I’m left trying to come up with the appropriate superlatives… What a terrific book!
(I love angel food cake, too!)
I still need to know why you gave up coffee?
I love Vday, too. Thanks for your list.